Caron will be co-leading a summer yoga retreat with Highland Yoga's Owner, Elsie, to Ak'Bol Resort in Belize this July! Join them for an inspiring yoga vacation in paradise.
Ak’Bol Yoga Retreat is an eco-chic resort located beachside on Belize's largest island, Ambergris Caye. Leave your shoes in your suitcase and unwind to the natural rhythm of the island. Practice yoga twice daily in a palapa at the end of a pier surrounded by clear blue water, and enjoy fresh meals served family style overlooking the sea. To make your retreat complete, Ak’Bol offers outdoor excursions and massage.
Cabanas & Lodging
7 Island-chic private thatch cabanas on the Caribbean Sea
- Private Thatched Cabanas: Feel at one with nature, waking up with the birds, sleeping within one of our 7 thatched cabanas on the sea and within gardens, all with sea view and breeze. Each cabana will house 3 max students comfortably with one queen bed + two twin beds.
- Village Rooms: Community living on the lagoon! This building has beautiful gardens and houses 30 single rooms/double room/and adjoining room options, with two large island-chic shared bath and shower area/locker rooms. The beds, one/two twins or one queen (limited for couples only), are on top of a wooden stage with plenty of drawers underneath and lockable storage for luggage.
- Seafront Cabana x 2
- Single - $1600
- Double - $1300/person
- Triple - $1100/person
- Sea/garden view x 4
- Single - $1450
- Double - $1250/person
- Triple - $1125/person
- Village Rooms with shared baths
- Single - $975
- Double - $875
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner Daily (one dinner excluded) - fresh, locally grown Caribbean-Belizean style cuisine
- Unlimited drinking water/juice/specialty retreat teas
- 2 yoga classes daily
- Inversions and arm balance workshops
- 1 massage
- Spa massage - $75/hour
- Additional excursions, including:
- Scuba diving
- Mayan ruin trips
- Cave tubing
- Excursion pricing varies, generally ranging between $40-$75/person
Airfare/transportation to and from Ak’Bol
Transportation - How to get to Ak’Bol
Fly into Belize City International Airport
To reach Ak’Bol from the airport, two options:
1. Tropic air (this is the easiest option):
Ak'bol will reserve ALL Tropic air tickets for group directly from Belize City International Airport to San Pedro $157.75US RT pp The tickets are reserved by Ak'boL so there is no waiting, and guests will pay for their tickets directly at check in before boarding the plane, with CC or cash.
2. Water Taxi:
Take a $25-30 US taxi directly from International airport to the water taxi terminal in Belize City (approx. 30 minutes).
The boat ride over is $15US one way per person and roughly a 1 1/2 hour ride.
There is a daily schedule and two water taxis, both are walking distance away from one another. We recommended taking Tropic air over if landing after 3pm so guests can arrive to Ak'bol in time for the Welcome Dinner at 6pm.
From San Pedro town to Ak'bol:
When guests arrive to San Pedro, it is easiest to take any land taxi directly from town to Ak'boL roughly $15-17US one way, paid directly to taxi driver negotiate first for less disappointments. Day before departure we will organize taxi pick ups for the way home to be paid directly to taxi driver $15US+up depending on number, guests can share expense.